San Mateo County Operation Brown Bag is a program that gives low-income seniors a weekly bag of groceries. There are many volunteer opportunities to assist with this program. Brown Bag sites are located throughout San Mateo County.
Brown Bag Distribution Assistance
Message of Peace Church
500 Miller Ave.
South San Francisco 94080
Tasks: Under direction of the distribution coordinator:
- Help give fresh, healthy, food to 200 of your low-income elderly neighbors
- Unload boxes of food from pallets onto tables
- Move a variety of fresh produce from outdoor bins into the distribution room
- Carry and open sacks of produce for senior volunteers to start packing into individual bags
- Remove empty pallets to designated area for driver pick-up
- Move food and arrange it to facilitate the distribution process
- Break down boxes for recycling
Time: Mondays (weekly), 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
- Friendly, open personality
- Be able to lift boxes between 20-50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a team environment
To sign up, contact:
Arlene Aquino, Community Programs Manager
(650) 610-0800 x 416