San Mateo County Operation Brown Bag is a program that gives low-income seniors a weekly bag of groceries. There are many volunteer opportunities to assist with this program. Brown Bag sites are located throughout San Mateo County.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
On-site Distribution Assistance
Tasks: Under direction of the distribution coordinator:
- Help give fresh, healthy, food to 200 of your low-income elderly neighbors
- Unload boxes of food from pallets onto tables
- Move a variety of fresh produce from outdoor bins into the distribution room
- Carry and open sacks of produce for senior volunteers to start packing into individual bags
- Remove empty pallets to designated area for driver pick-up
- Move food and arrange it to facilitate the distribution process
- Break down boxes for recycling
- Friendly, open personality
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Be able to lift boxes between 20-50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to provide long-term commitment of 6 months or more
Twice Monthly Opportunities in San Mateo County
|1st & 3rd Fridays
||8:45 - 11:00 AM
|2nd & 4th Tuesdays
||8:30 - 11:30 AM
To sign up, submit this Volunteer Interest form or email email@example.com. During the holiday months of November and December, dates and times may change.