Thank you for your interest in supporting Second Harvest Food Bank's mission! We rely on the assistance of our community's members in everything we do, and it's a tribute to their dedication that we're able to run so efficiently. There are many ways to help us, so please feel free to peruse this section for inspiration.
Make a Donation
- 95 cents of every dollar donated goes directly toward programs that feed hungry people. Secure online donations can be made through our donation portal.
- Double the impact of your gift! Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. Find out if your company has a matching gift program.
- Feed families every month by becoming a Monthly Harvest Club member.
- Donate food items from our Most-Needed Foods list for us to distribute directly.
- Make a Commercial Food Donation directly from your farm, manufacturing facility, or place of business.
- Plan a special event or promotion to benefit Second Harvest. See our guidelines for ways we can help your effort become a success.
- Visit our Volunteer section to learn more!
- We involve hundreds of volunteers each week in all aspects of carrying out our mission. We welcome and appreciate your time, talents, and commitment to serving those in need.
- Visit our Advocate section to learn more!
- You can be a voice by advocating for those who are impacted by hunger. Sign-up for "Advocacy Alerts" on food and hunger-related issues and visit our blog for the latest updates.
- Make the Food Bank part of your online community! Become our friend on Facebook, Linked In, MySpace, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr.
Host a Drive
- Visit our Drives section to learn more!
- Food & Fund Drives can be hosted at workplaces, schools, clubs, places of worship, and even at public locations within the greater community.
- You can also choose to run a Friends & Family Drive, reaching out to your own personal network.
1 in 10 people in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties receives some food from the Food Bank.