- How do I start a Food and Fund Drive?
- How long should my Food Drive last?
- Can I pick up my Food Drive supplies?
- How do I have food collection barrels delivered to my organization?
- When will our barrels be delivered and picked up?
KEEPING YOUR DRIVE GOING
- When will our barrels be delivered and picked up?
- What if I'm hosting a permanent Food and Fund Drive?
- What if I need an additional pickup, or don't need an already scheduled pickup?
- What are your most-needed food items?
WRAPPING UP (Donations and Awards)
- How do I turn in financial donations?
- How do I get my tax donation receipt for monetary donations and/or food?
- What is the year end cut off date for tax-deductible financial donations?
- How are donations counted toward my organization's food and fund drive total?
- How do I find out how much my drive has raised?
- What is the Annual Awards and Recognition Event?
- What is the awards structure?
- How do I apply for my company's matching gifts?
How do I start a Food and Fund Drive?
Organizations can register to fundraise or host a Food Drive where you can order your food collection barrels, posters, and other promo supplies. Once you register, you will see a new online page created just for your drive so that:
- your participants can easily donate online,
- your group can see how much you’ve collected,
- and, most importantly, see the real impact your drive is having in our community with total meals provided!
How long should my Food Drive last?
Some Food Drives last for a just a few hours while others span the entire year. If you have never hosted a food drive before, consider hosting a drive for one to three weeks.
Can I pick up my Food Drive supplies?
Yes, you can pick up food drive supplies through our self pickup system at any of our distribution centers. Be sure to schedule a self-service pickup when you register or call our Donor Relations Team at (866) 234-3663.
How do I have food collection barrels delivered to my organization?
Simply register for a Food and Fund Drive where you will request barrels to be delivered and picked up at your organization. You can also order posters and promotional cards to be delivered with your barrels. It's important that we dedicate the Food Bank's resources to purchasing more food instead of expensive fuel costs, so we do ask that you commit to collecting a minimum of 450 pounds (approximately 3 full barrels) if you are requesting a delivery and pickup. If you're hosting a smaller drive, simply schedule a time to come directly to the Food Bank for your food collection supplies.
When will our barrels be delivered and picked up?
Our drivers are out Monday through Friday, from 8AM to 4PM. We base our delivery and pickup schedules on your hours of operation, but unfortunately we cannot schedule specific delivery times throughout the day.
What if I'm hosting a permanent Food and Fund Drive?
If you're hosting a permanent Food and Fund Drive and need to swap out your barrels, please contact our Donor Relations Team at (866) 234-3663 or email@example.com.
What if I need an additional pickup or don't need an already scheduled pickup?
Please call our Donor Relations Team at (866) 234-3663 for a pickup when your barrels are about 3/4 of the way full. To cancel a scheduled pickup, please call at least 2 days before the pickup date so we can open up that slot for another supporter and save on fuel costs.
What are your most-needed food items?
The Food Bank accepts all non-perishable food donations, but especially needs these nutritious items:
- Meals in a can (soup, stew, chili)
- Tuna or canned chicken
- Peanut butter
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
- Canned fruit in its own juice or water
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Olive or canola oil
- Low-sugar whole grain cereals
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
Please avoid donating items packaged in glass. If you find glass items in your barrel, please package them in a box outside of your food collection barrel to prevent breakage.
Donations and Awards
How do I turn in financial donations?
All checks and cash donated through your Food and Fund Drive must be turned in with your drive name. Checks can be mailed to Second Harvest Food Bank, 4001 North 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95134 and cash and/or checks can be delivered to any of our locations. Please complete a Donation Tracking Form if you are collecting cash donations on behalf of your Food and Fund Drive participants and include it with your pooled donation.
How do I get my tax donation receipt for monetary donations and/or food?
Monetary donations – Online donors will receive an automatic receipt via email immediately following the processing of your gift. Donations of $5 or more that are mailed or dropped off at one of our centers will receive a receipt by mail, provided we received the donor's name and complete address at the time the donation is submitted. If collecting donations from a group for your Food and Fund Drive, please complete a Donation Tracking Form if participants in your group wish to receive individual receipts. Please note that the form must be included with the donation when submitted.
Food – Please let participants know that we cannot provide receipts for food donations placed in barrels. Donors can deliver food directly to any of our distribution centers for a tax receipt, however the Food Bank can only confirm the weight of the food donation, not its monetary value.
What is the year end cut off date for tax-deductible financial donations?
In order for your financial donation to be counted toward the 2015 tax year, your donation must be received or postmarked by December 31st, 2015. Please follow these steps to ensure your donation is received by the year end cut off:
- Deliver or send in your financial donation to one of our three locations by 3:00pm on December 31st, 2015.
- If the donation cannot be dropped off by 3:00pm, you must have it postmarked by a local post office with the December 31st, 2015 date. Please note, if you drop it in a mail box on December 31st, 2015 it is not guaranteed it will get postmarked on that date.
- Any pre-dated checks received or postmarked after 12/31/2015 will be counted as a 2016 donation and will not be eligible for 2015 taxes.
How are donations counted toward my organization's food and fund drive total?
In order for your organization to receive credit for participants' contributions, the following must be included with all checks or cash gifts to the Food Bank:
- Name of your organization or group clearly indicated with donation
- Team name (if applicable)
Please tell your participants to write this on checks that are mailed directly to the Food Bank. Individuals who want to donate online will give through your online fundraising page. Make it easy to donate by including the direct link to your page in all of your Drive announcements.
How do I find out how much my drive has raised?
Your online fundraising page will show you how much you've collected and, most importantly, the real impact your drive is having with the total meals you’re providing.
Food, cash, and checks may take up to two weeks to process, so keep in mind that your totals may not reflect all recent donations.
What is the Annual Awards and Recognition Event?
Each year, Second Harvest celebrates the success of all Food and Fund Drives held throughout the year at this annual event. Points and award levels are calculated at the close of each year's Holiday Food and Fund Drive and then presented to winners at this celebratory evening. We look forward to recognizing your support at next year's event.
See photos from last year's event!
What is the awards structure?
The awards structure is based on a point system:
$1 = 2.5 points
1 pound = 1 point
Formula for total points:
Total Pounds + (Total Dollars x 2.5) = Total Points
How do I apply for my company's matching gifts?
Many corporations have a matching gift program. Please consult your Human Resources department to see if your company matches charitable contributions and follow their instructions for applying for a match.