48 Hour Virtual Race
What is the Virtual Race?
Employees at Silicon Valley companies compete online to help feed over 257,000 neighbors each
The Official Rules
- Secure your company’s spot by November 2, 2018 by emailing Donna Peace (email@example.com) the following information:
- An updated count of local employees and contractors working in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
- A list of all IP addresses where employees will be making donations from
- The Virtual Race runs from Tuesday, November 13th at 12:00 PM until Thursday, November 15th at 11:59 AM. There are no exceptions to the time frame. Donations received before or after this time period DO NOT count toward the 48-Hour Virtual Race, but DO count toward your holiday fund drive totals.
- Only employee donations made through your company’s designated fund drive donation page will be counted.
- Employees should feel free to share their special corporate giving link to increase giving.
- Although many companies match employee gifts to increase participation, corporate contributions are not included in Virtual Race totals.
- In the event of a tie, total giving during the 2017 Virtual Race and then total giving to Second Harvest during our most recently completed fiscal year (through June 30, 2018) will be used to determine a winner.
What do you win?
Bragging rights! Your corporate logo will be prominently featured on a Second Harvest food delivery truck for an entire year.
Companies can win a truck sponsorship in one of three ways:
Your employees donate the most dollars overall.
Your employees make the highest average donation (total giving divided by the number of local employees/contractors working in Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties).
You have the highest percentage of employees who make donations (number of unique donors divided by the number of local employees/contractors).