Resources for your drive
We want to help you make your drive a success. We have resources that will help you get organized and inspire your friends, family and colleagues to give.
Quick food bank facts
- Second Harvest of Silicon Valley provides food to over a quarter million people every month – more than ever before.
- Nearly 1 in 10 people in Silicon Valley receives some of their food from Second Harvest. This includes tens of thousands of children and seniors who rely on Second Harvest to get the nutritious food they need to thrive.
- Second Harvest of Silicon Valley was one of the first food banks in the country to adopt a Healthy Food and Beverage Policy to increase the amount of nutrient-rich foods we provide to the people we serve, and decrease unhealthy items like candy and beverages that contain sugar.
- With a $1 donation, Second Harvest can source the equivalent of $3 worth of food from a local grocery store.
- Every $1 donated helps provide two nutritious meals.
- 95 cents of every dollar donated goes to programs.
- For more than a decade, Second Harvest has received Charity Navigator’s annual four-star rating for financial stability, accountability and transparency – exceeding industry standards.
Food drive impact
Second Harvest is committed to ensuring that anyone who needs a healthy meal can get one. Virtual and traditional food drives are a great way to make an impact. And remember, every drive, no matter the size, makes a difference. Here are just a few ways drives help to build a hunger-free community.
- Virtual and traditional food drives created nearly 30 million meals last year.
- Food drive donations provide a better selection for clients by supplementing the food bank’s healthy food.
- Every $1 donated to the food bank helps provide two meals.
- Food drives help educate the community about food insecurity.
Food drive supplies
We have supplies to help you get organized and spread the word about your drive.
- When you order your barrels, you can also request information cards and posters.
- Customize this flyer to promote the specifics of your drive.
- Send an inspiring introduction email, an eye-opening progress update and wrap up with a celebratory thank you.
- Use our food drive checklist to help you stay on track.
- Need additional supplies? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you want.