Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 turnip, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp honey
- Black or white sesame seeds, for garnish
Who knew turnips could be so versatile? Apples, carrots and turnips are tossed in a sweet and tart dressing that add more flavor the longer you marinate it. Top with cilantro and sesame seeds to perfect this beautiful salad.
How to Make Asian Turnip, Apple and Carrot Salad
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, sesame oil, honey (if using) and whisk together to make the vinaigrette.
- Add the grated carrots, apple and turnip to bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and marinate for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds prior to serving.
Substitutions and serving suggestions:
- Serve with crispy won ton chips or chopped nuts.
- Turnip can be substituted with 2 cups chopped cabbage.
- Apple can be substituted with pear.