Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 28 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, or berries of your choice
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp honey, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
Making homemade jam will have you feeling like a chef right in your own kitchen. This sweet jam tastes great on toast, yogurt, oatmeal, or straight from the jar. You can also make this recipe with any other berries of choice. It’s a great way to use up some extra fruit you may have on hand. Easy to make and so worth it!
How to Make Berry Harvest Jam
1. Add berries, honey, and salt to a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until the berries are heated through and start to fall apart, about 5-10 minutes.
2. Use a fork, potato masher, or hand blender to carefully mash the berries to your desired consistency.
3. Let the berry mixture come to a slow boil. Add the chia seeds to the pan and stir well to distribute the seeds evenly.
4. Turn the heat down to low and cook for about 15-18 minutes to evaporate the water and thicken the jam, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove saucepan from the heat and let the jam cool a bit before serving. Alternatively, pour jam into an airtight container and let cool to room temperature before storing in the refrigerator. The jam will continue to thicken as it cools.
Tip: Pair this jam with yogurt, oatmeal, or toast.