Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 5oz cans of chicken or 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- Handful of cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup of celery, diced
- 1-2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup apple, diced
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup of chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds or pecans)
- Add some seasoning of your choice: curry, cumin, dill, paprika, chili powder
- Bread, pita, or crackers
An easy and complete meal that you can have ready in less than 15 minutes. Enjoy it at home, at a park or at the beach.
How to Make Picnic Chicken Salad
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, cranberries, celery, green onion, apple and nuts.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper and seasonings.
- Stir the mayonnaise mixture into the chicken, adding more mayonnaise as needed for creaminess and flavor.
- Line the bread with lettuce leaves and spread the chicken salad on the lettuce. Alternatively serve the chicken salad as a lettuce wrap or over greens.