Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups of cooked white or brown rice
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, diced small
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced small
- 1 bell pepper, diced small
- 1 zucchini, diced small
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped green onions
- Salt and black pepper to taste
This easy rice dish uses some of our garden favorite vegetables from your produce box. The bite-sized vegetables mixed with fluffy rice also makes this an eye-pleasing dish for young children.
How to Make Garden Vegetable Rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all vegetables, salt and pepper; stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Cover the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet with vegetables and mix well, cooking for 1 more minute or until rice is warm and all ingredients are incorporated.
Garnish with parsley or cilantro.
For extra protein and flavor, you can add a fried egg or beans.