Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup farro, barley or couscous
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half, or 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup chickpeas, (~1/2 can)
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup small diced red onion
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
This Mediterranean salad is full of flavor with the freshest of ingredients – bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions. We love how easily you can make this zesty dressing with just a few pantry staples. Packed with protein and fiber from the chickpeas and grains, this recipe makes for a hearty vegetarian main dish.
How to Make Zesty Greek Chickpea Salad
- Cook farro or preferred grain to package direction.
- If using canned chickpeas, rinse under water.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, lemon juice, parsley, oregano and salt to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl mix cooked grain, tomatoes, chickpeas, bell pepper, cucumber and red onion.
- Mix the dressing into the large bowl.
- Chill and serve.
Tip: For an authentic Greek salad add olives and feta cheese.