Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 lb chicken, deboned, sliced as tenders
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 5 kaffir lime leaves or lemon tree leaves, finely chopped
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt, or 1 tsp chicken seasoning
This delicious Vietnamese recipe is made by sautéing chicken breast pieces in fresh lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, garlic, and onions. You end up with juicy and fragrant chicken to serve over rice, a salad, or just eat plain. The flavor is that good!
How to Make Lemongrass Chicken with Kaffir Lime
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the lemongrass and stir until golden. Add the onion, garlic, turmeric, kaffir lime or lemon tree leaves, and the red pepper. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the rest of the seasonings. Stir frequently in high heat for about 10 minutes or until the mixture dries out.