Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Spaghetti squash with tomato and basil is the low-carb comfort food you’ve been looking for. Surprisingly easy to prepare, spaghetti squash is a great alternative to pasta!
How to Make Spaghetti Squash with Tomato and Basil
- Cook squash using either the microwave or oven.Oven method: Place whole squash in microwave and cook 5 minutes so it is easy to cut. Cut in half and remove seeds. Place squash cut side down in a baking pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 375°F.
Microwave method: Carefully pierce squash with a knife in several places all around. Place whole squash in the microwave on a microwaveable paper towel. Cook until soft, checking and rotating the squash every 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, basil, oregano and parmesan cheese. Stir in tomatoes.
- When squash is cool, scrape the inside with a fork, creating “noodles.”
- Add “noodles” to tomato mixture and toss until combined. Season with salt and black pepper.