Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 pack of spaghetti noodles
- 1 Tbsp of cooking oil
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups of seasonal vegetables, cooked
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Parmesan cheese, grated, optional
Kids love this spaghetti version because of the bright colors and familiar flavors. This is a great way to use up any extra seasonal vegetables you have on hand. In just 30 minutes, you have a comforting pasta dish made from simple ingredients right in your kitchen.
How to Make Springtime Veggie Spaghetti with Parmesan
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the cooking oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, stir for about 2-3 minutes. Pour in the can of diced tomatoes. Add the salt and sugar. Stir and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the cooked vegetables and the spaghetti. Stir for about 5 minutes until the spaghetti absorbs the sauce.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and the red pepper flakes as desired.