Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 turnips, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 tsp of Tajín (or to taste)
- 1/2 lemon
Some say that turnips taste like a cross between cabbage and a radish; others say they taste more like a cross between a carrot and a potato. Either way, you’ll find this quick and easy turnip snack cool and refreshing. A touch of spice and fresh lemon juice add the perfect hint of flavor.
How to Make Spiced-up Turnip and Cucumber Snack Sticks
- In a bowl, combine cucumbers and turnips. (There is no need to cook the turnips.)
- Add Tajín and lemon juice. Mix it all together. Serve as a snack or side dish.
Jicama, tomatoes, watermelon and mangoes are also good options for this recipe.