Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 15 oz can of corn, drained or 2 ears of corn
- 2 1/2 cups of watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
A potluck favorite, this watermelon and corn salad is simple yet refreshing on a warm day. The hint of fresh mint, red onions and lemon juice complement the sweet watermelon perfectly.
How to Make Refreshing Watermelon and Corn Salad
- Shuck and wash the corn; cut off the kernels and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately (if preparing in advance, wait to season with salt until ready to serve).
- Use basil or cilantro instead of mint.
- You can also substitute lime juice for lemon juice, and cotija cheese for feta cheese.