Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and sliced winter squash
- 1 1/2 cups sliced apples
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted butter
Buttery apples with cinnamon and nutmeg will warm up your home with the smell of the holidays. You can use butternut, acorn, kabocha or pumpkin squash for his recipe.
How to Make Winter Spice Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Layer the slices of squash and apples, sprinkling each layer with some of the spices.
- Drizzle melted butter on top of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 45-60 minutes, until squash and apple are tender.