September is Hunger Action Month – it’s time to mobilize and squash hunger together.
Hunger is a serious problem in our community. Nutritious food is the foundation for a healthy productive life and without it, we can’t function properly. Second Harvest is serving more of us than ever before – an average of 260,000 kids, families and seniors every month in Silicon Valley.
Hunger Action Month is your opportunity to help us feed more people than ever before by raising awareness about this important issue and encouraging your friends and family to support efforts to end hunger in our community.
It’s going to take a coordinated community effort – from businesses, government, community groups and individuals like you. With your support, the problem of hunger is solvable. Whether it’s by donating, volunteering or advocating for anti-hunger policies, you can find a way to make a difference that’s right for you.
Here’s how you can help squash hunger in our community:
- Update your Facebook profile picture with our “Let’s Squash Hunger” frame and show your commitment to ending local hunger. Delta Air Lines is donating $10 each time someone uses our customized Facebook frame, up to $5,000! Here’s how you to use our frame and get us $10:
- Log into Facebook
- Update your profile picture with our “Let’s Squash Hunger” frame here.
- You can also go to our Facebook page and click on the pinned post at the top which contains a link to our customized Hunger Action Month frame.
- Make sure to change the time you’d like to keep it on your profile pic until 9/30
- Encourage your friends to do the same!
- Donate here to help your hungry neighbors in need. Second Harvest can stretch the dollars you donate to feed more people.
- Second Harvest can turn $10 into 20 nutritious meals.
- $1 provides nearly $3 worth of food at a local grocery store.
- Volunteer with us! Check out all of our opportunities.
Hungry for more? Here are more ways to get involved:
- Advocate for those needing access to healthy food in our community and tell Congress: don’t slash programs that feed millions! Choose an option below to reach out.
- Customize this email and send it to your Congressional representative.
- Tweet and get vocal on social: #HouseofRepresentatives & #Senate: Protect and strengthen SNAP to keep food on the tables of people struggling against hunger. Reject harmful House #FarmBill #SNAP provisions during conference. @fractweets bit.ly/2yS5nMB
- When you’re done, let us know on social media by tagging @2ndHarvest and #letsquashhunger
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Or sign up for our e-newsletter to get monthly updates.
Thank you for participating in Hunger Action Month!