Throughout the year, we host events for our partner agencies, donors, policymakers and other community supporters.
If you have any questions regarding our events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Second Harvest Nourishes the Community
Food insecurity and diet-related disease intersect. Join us to hear about what Second Harvest is doing to support our neighbors in living healthy and nourished lives!
• The cycle of food insecurity and chronic disease
• Components of the Second Harvest Nutrition Program
• Why nutrition education needs to reflect the cultures of the people we serve
Trauma and adversity can impact how our minds and bodies function, thus influencing food choices, lifestyle choices, and risk for health conditions. Second Harvest recognizes the impact of adversity on our community and adapted our Nutrition Program to be trauma-informed.
• What is trauma-informed nutrition?
• What’s wrong with traditional nutrition education?
• Second Harvest’s role to play in building resilient communities
Throughout the year, we host webinars for our donors to learn more about Second Harvest programs. To view the recordings, visit the link below for our video playlist.
Representatives from all different levels of government – local, state and federal – are invited to our legislative breakfasts to learn more about Second Harvest, our legislative priorities, and how they can help us achieve our vision of a hunger-free community.