Share your food
Many families in our area need a little help putting food on the table. They shouldn’t have to choose between paying rent or buying healthy groceries. You can help by making food donations. Your support is greatly needed and appreciated.
Ways to donate food
Grocery rescue donations
We coordinate scheduled donation pickups with local grocery retailers so food close to its expiration date can be used to feed our hungry neighbors instead of going to waste.
Backyard produce donations
Local gardeners are invited to share their harvest.
Large-scale food donations
Local companies can save money and reduce waste while helping the community.
Food drive donations
Donate food to a food drive hosted by an individual or organization.
Most-needed food items:
- Canned tuna, chicken or salmon
- Peanut butter
- Meals in a can (soup, stew, chili)
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Canned fruit in its own juice or water
- Olive or canola oil
- Spices (cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, salt-free spice blends)
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
- Low-sugar whole grain cereals
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
Please avoid items packed in glass. No candy or sugar-sweetened drinks.
Food donations can be dropped off at the lobby or warehouse of any of our distribution centers during business hours.
We are not able to accept prepared or catered foods. If you have these types of donations, you can connect with one of our local partner agencies that accept this food by using the MealConnect technology platform.