Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
Easy Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 15-oz can sweet potato purée
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk, regular or evaporated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
There’s nothing like the smell of freshly baked pie. This Southern favorite recipe is made with a few simple ingredients and perfect for the holiday season. We used canned sweet potato purée to cut the prep time which also makes it easier if you are making pie from scratch for the first time. Feel free to substitute sweet potatoes for a can of pumpkin. You can’t go wrong with any type of pie!
How to Make Easy Sweet Potato Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix sweet potato purée and butter with an electric mixer until well combined. Add sugar, milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
3. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
4. Bake in oven for 60 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let it cool completely before serving.
6. Garnish with whipping cream. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.
• You can substitute the can of sweet potato purée for a can of pumpkin purée.