Hunger hurts. With your help it doesn't have to. Join over 2,000 volunteer fundraisers who collect food or raise money at their companies, schools, and congregations to help local hungry kids and their families.
1 in 3 kids in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties do not have enough food to eat, every single day. Stand Up for Kids this spring and help us to reach our crucial goal of raising $5 million to keep up with the local need.
Register today and a new fundraising page will be created just for your drive so that:
- Your participants can easily donate online
- Your group can see the amount of dollars you've raised and pounds of food you've collected
- You can see your local impact with the total number of meals you've provided
Find out from two of our campaign co-chairs, Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook and Founder of LeanIn.org and John Donahoe, CEO of eBay Inc. why they got involved to stand up for kids and why you should too:
- October – January Host a Holiday Food and Fund Drive to provide holiday meals to local families in need.
- March – May Stand up for kids by collecting kid friendly foods and raising funds that directly feed kids and their families.
- June – September Host a Drive during the summer months when Second Harvest’s donations decline, leaving our local nonprofit partners low on food.
- All Year Long Run a Permanent Drive to provide a steady stream of food throughout the year. Contact our Donor Relations Team (866) 234-3663 to order your first collection barrel.
"In an area where this community has so much, there are still 100,000 children who are relying on Second Harvest for food every month. It's our responsibility to make sure Second Harvest has the resources it needs to provide all of the food for all of these families."
– Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook and Founder, LeanIn.org