Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Salsa Criolla (Peruvian Red Onion Relish)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 3 Tbsps freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsps white vinegar
- 2 Tbsps finely chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Need ideas with what to do with all the red onions you have in your kitchen? In just 15 minutes or less you will have a delicious relish topping that that will enhance just about any dish. Add on top of any grilled meat, tacos or rice bowls to add some fresh and sweet flavors to your favorite recipe.
How to Make Salsa Criolla (Peruvian Red Onion Relish)
1. Soak onions in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towel and return onions to bowl.
2. Stir in the jalapeños, lime juice, vinegar, cilantro, salt and pepper.
3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let all the ingredients marinate in the refrigerator until ready to use.
. For best flavor we recommend preparing a few hours in advance.