Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 to 4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 large carrot - peeled and chopped
- 1 medium beet - peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup water
Making your own delicious homemade applesauce is so easy! The whole family will enjoy it. You can eat it by itself or spread on pancakes or toast. We hope you enjoy this easy, wholesome and tasty recipe.
How to Make Beet and Carrot Applesauce
- Place pot on the stovetop over high heat. Add the chopped apples, carrots, beets, cinnamon and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer, covered, for 30 to 35 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer the cooled mixture in batches to a blender and blend each batch for approximately 1 minute until smooth.
- Enjoy warm or cold, by itself or like a spread on bread, pancakes or waffles.
Alternate serving suggestions:
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for a delicious frozen treat.
- Freeze in ice cube trays and use in smoothies.