Tempo di preparazione: 10 minuti
Tempo di cucinare: 35 minuti
Tempo totale: 45 minuti
Homemade Chili con Carne
- 1 cucchiaio di olio da cucina
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 spicchi d'aglio, tritati
- 2 cucchiai di concentrato di pomodoro
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cucchiaino di cumino macinato
- 1 cucchiaino di aglio in polvere
- 1 cucchiaino di origano essiccato
- 1 cucchiaino di paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- Sale e pepe a piacere
- 1 peperone, a dadini
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 lattina di pomodori a cubetti
- 2 tazze di brodo vegetale
This chili con carne dish is influenced by Mexican cuisine but believed to have originated in Texas. Chili con carne, meaning “chili with meat”, is a hearty stew that contains some simple kitchen and food bank staples such as kidney beans, diced tomatoes, onions and fragrant spices. It’s a perfect one-pot dish that is not only full of flavor, but also tastes even better as leftovers the next day. Don’t forget to garnish with sour cream, green onions and cheese.
How to Make Homemade Chili con Carne
- 1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the onion and cook stirring occasionally, until translucent. About 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute, stir constantly.
- 3. Add the ground beef and break it with a wooden spoon into small chunks until no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4. Add the cumin, garlic powder, oregano, paprika and chili powder (if using), salt and pepper. Stir all the spices.
- 5. Add the bell peppers, kidney beans and tomatoes and the broth, bring to boil over high heat.
- 6. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Taste the chili and add salt and pepper, if necessary.
- 7. Serve the chili in bowls and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or green onions.