Thời gian chuẩn bị: 10 phút
Giờ nấu ăn: 35 phút
Tổng thời gian: 45 phút
Homemade Chili con Carne
- 1 muỗng canh dầu ăn
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 tép tỏi băm
- 2 muỗng canh tương cà chua
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 thìa cà phê thì là xay
- 1 muỗng cà phê bột tỏi
- 1 muỗng cà phê lá oregano khô
- 1 muỗng cà phê ớt bột
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- Muối và hạt tiêu cho vừa ăn
- 1 quả ớt chuông, thái hạt lựu
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 lon cà chua thái hạt lựu
- 2 chén nước luộc rau
This chili con carne dish is influenced by Mexican cuisine but believed to have originated in Texas. Chili con carne, meaning “chili with meat”, is a hearty stew that contains some simple kitchen and food bank staples such as kidney beans, diced tomatoes, onions and fragrant spices. It’s a perfect one-pot dish that is not only full of flavor, but also tastes even better as leftovers the next day. Don’t forget to garnish with sour cream, green onions and cheese.
How to Make Homemade Chili con Carne
- 1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the onion and cook stirring occasionally, until translucent. About 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute, stir constantly.
- 3. Add the ground beef and break it with a wooden spoon into small chunks until no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4. Add the cumin, garlic powder, oregano, paprika and chili powder (if using), salt and pepper. Stir all the spices.
- 5. Add the bell peppers, kidney beans and tomatoes and the broth, bring to boil over high heat.
- 6. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Taste the chili and add salt and pepper, if necessary.
- 7. Serve the chili in bowls and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or green onions.