Tiempo de preparación: 15 minutos
Hora de cocinar: 8-10 minutes
Tiempo Total: 30 minutes (rest up to 5 hours)
No-Cook Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh, slightly overripe tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, shaved or finely grated
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 taza de aceite de oliva
- Sal al gusto
- 3/4 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated and divided into two portions
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, stemmed and chopped (optional)
- 12 oz spaghetti or pasta of choice
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
Recovery Café team members loved making this simple, flavorful take on marinara sauce without the fuss or muss of a stove or cooking. Perfect for summer tomatoes fresh from the garden!
How to Make No-Cook Marinara Sauce
- 1. Cut tomatoes in half, then squeeze and discard the juice and seeds. Now dice them into medium pieces, about the size of a grape.
- 2. Place diced tomatoes into a large bowl and mash with a pestle or potato masher until crushed.
- 3. Add garlic, butter, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, olive oil, salt, half of the cheese and parsley (if using).
- 4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and rest for 30 minutes up to 5 hours.
- 5. Follow package instructions to cook pasta of choice in boiling water until “al dente”, then drain.
- 6. Add hot pasta into the bowl of prepared marinara sauce and combine until butter is melted and incorporated through.
- 7. Garnish with basil and remaining cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!