Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 delicata squash, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
Do you have a favorite winter squash? Learn how to cook delicata squash with this easy and comforting recipe. No peeling necessary!
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Delicata Squash
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut ends of the squash off to create two flat edges. Slice the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices (half circles) and place them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the slices with olive oil and sprinkle salt and black pepper, tossing well to coat.
- In a bowl combine garlic, parmesan, parsley, thyme and lemon zest.
- On a lightly oil-coated baking sheet spread slices in single layer. Pour the parmesan mixture over the squash.
- Roast until soft and golden brown, about 25 minutes. Enjoy immediately.