Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or plain white vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Salt to taste
Our Warm Braised Apples and Cabbage recipe is made with just a few ingredients, but will enhance any meal with it’s flavor and aroma. Try it over grilled chicken or pork or as a simple tasty side dish.
How to Make Warm Braised Apples and Cabbage
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized soup pot on medium heat until warm. Add the cabbage, apple, vinegar, brown sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Stir to combine. Wait until the cabbage and apples are warm. Turn the heat down to low and cover with a lid.
- Let the mixture cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with more salt to taste.