Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Total Time: 10-15 Minutes
Hearty Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 pack plain seaweed snack (about 10 pieces), finely chopped, optional
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- bread of choice, sliced
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are nutritionally packed with fiber, protein, and plenty of vitamins and minerals that make for a delicious versatile food. This quick and easy recipe will have you loving this hearty, flavorful chickpea sandwich.
How to Make Hearty Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Place the chickpeas into a medium-sized bowl and mash them with a
fork or potato masher. Lightly mash if you like a chunky bite; mash
well if you like it less chunky.
- Add the mayonnaise, sunflower seeds, red onion, celery, seaweed
(if using), mustard, lemon juice, maple syrup (if using), garlic
powder, dill, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Add a bit more
mayonnaise if the mixture looks too dry. Top chickpea salad onto
sliced bread. Enjoy immediately or after being chilled.