Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 cups thinly sliced brussels sprouts
- 1 bulb of fennel, thinly sliced
- Juice from 1 orange
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional)
- Segments of 1 orange
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: dried cranberries or slivered almonds
Our citrusy slaw is a colorful salad with raw brussels sprouts and oranges. It’s a perfect blend of color, crunch, tang, and sweetness. The mild “anise-like” taste from the raw fennel compliments the other flavors. Add cranberries and nuts or seeds if you have them on hand!
How to Make Citrusy Slaw with Oranges and Brussels Sprouts
- For dressing, mix oil, honey, juice of an orange, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toss the sliced brussels sprouts and fennel with the dressing.
- Add the orange slices and gently mix together.
- Adjust with more salt or pepper to taste. Let the salad sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fennel leaves, dried cranberries or slivered almond if using.