Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 16 oz. beef broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Toasted bread
An easy way to use your extra onions on hand is simply by adding it to any stock base. Sauté the onions first and just add your stock. Chop! Chop!
How to Make French Onion Soup
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Sauté onions, garlic and thyme for 5 minutes.
- Add beef broth and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with toasted bread and cheese (optional).