Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Tofu Veggie Fajitas
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 3 Tbsps cooking oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2-3 large bell peppers, any color, sliced into strips
- 1 package of corn tortillas
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Fajita seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
This tofu recipe is a great way to incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet. In just 30 minutes you’ll have a flavorful and nutritious filling to wrap in warm tortillas. Top with fresh lime and cilantro or your favorite fajita toppings.
How to Make Tofu Veggie Fajitas
- 1. Press tofu with a paper towel to remove excess water and cut into 1/2-inch slices or cubes.
- 2. In a small bowl mix all of the fajita seasonings. Set aside until needed.
- 3. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large saucepan, add the tofu. Fry for about 3-5 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- 4. Add half of the fajita seasoning and water. Stir fry until tofu is well-coated. Remove from the saucepan and set aside.
- 5. Into the empty pan, add 2 Tbsps of oil, onions and bell peppers and cook until softened. Add in the rest of the fajita seasoning
and mix until well-coated.
- 6. Place tofu back into the saucepan and stir-fry everything together. Remove from heat and prepare to serve.
- 7. Warm tortillas on low heat in a pan or in a microwave with a moistened towel. Serve immediately.
Topping ideas: Salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce or cabbage, sliced avocados, cilantro or diced tomatoes.