Prep Time: 2-5 minutes
Cook Time: 40-55 minutes
Total Time: 45 min - 60 min
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 1/4 cup jasmine or long grain white rice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (you can substitute with white sugar)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, to garnish
Arroz con Leche, or Mexican rice pudding, will forever remind me of my family. It’s a comforting, simple, and easy dessert made of rice mixed with milk and other ingredients such as vanilla and raisins. This comforting dish always brings me back to my childhood. It tastes great warm or cold!
How to Make Arroz con Leche (Lemon Rice Pudding)
1. In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, add water, milk, rice, sugar, cinnamon stick, and lemon zest.
2. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low.
3. Cook for 20-25 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally.
4. Add raisins and cook for another 20-30 minutes, or until rice is soft and creamy. Most of the liquid will be absorbed.
5. Pudding will thicken as it cools. You can stir in a splash of warm milk at a time to thin out pudding.
6. Remove cinnamon stick before serving and sprinkle ground cinnamon to garnish. Enjoy warm or cold!
Tip: 2% or whole milk is preferred, but you can use any milk of your choice