Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 eggs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Crumbled queso fresco to taste
This vegetarian hash is packed with potatoes, peppers and onions and topped with a perfectly cooked fried egg. Makes for a filling and satisfying comfort meal.
How to Make Breakfast Potato Hash
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high. Sauté onion and bell peppers until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add potato and oregano to the pan and reduce heat to low. Stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and black pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Fry egg in a separate pan.
- Place hash on plate and top with the egg. Sprinkled queso fresco to taste.