Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 lb spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 cups of canned corn (divided)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into half
- Optional: pinch of chili flakes
Creamy Corn Carbonara is a pasta dish you can make in under 30 minutes. It’s a great way to use a mix of fresh produce and pantry staples. Perfect for any night of week dinner. Top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
How to Make Creamy Corn Carbonara
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Cook pasta for 8-10 minutes or per package directions. Save 1-2 cups of pasta water for later.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook onions for 2-5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic, chili flakes, salt and 1 1/2 cups of corn and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer corn mixture into blender and add 1 cup of pasta water and blend. Add more pasta water if too thick.
- In a large pan, add the remaining 1/2 cup of corn and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until warm. Add cooked pasta, and blended corn sauce and mix.
- Top with tomatoes. Add garnishes like black pepper, basil and parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve warm and enjoy!