Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup oats, quick cooking
- 1 cup water
- 1 pear, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add 2-4 tbsp low fat milk before serving
- Replace water with low fat milk
Start your day with this delicious, nutritious and creamy oatmeal. This is a great recipe to use the extra ripe bananas you have at home.
How to Make Sweet Morning Oatmeal Bowl
- Place water into a small pot and bring to a boil on the stove.
- Once the water is boiling, add oats and diced pear to the pot and reduce the heat so the mixture is simmering.
- Cook uncovered until the pears and oats are soft, about 7-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in banana. Add nutmeg and cinnamon and adjust to taste.