Vorbereitungszeit: 5 Minuten
Kochzeit: 45 Minuten
Gesamtzeit: 50 Minuten
Colombian Style Chicken Broth
- 4 medium to large chicken drumsticks
- 2 gehackte Knoblauchzehen
- 1 TL Kreuzkümmel
- 1 TL Knoblauchpulver
- 5 cups of water or chicken broth
- 1/2 Bund Frühlingszwiebeln, gehackt
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 to 10 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 chicken bouillon cube
- Salz nach Geschmack
This simple chicken broth recipe is a comforting staple in Colombian homes that is passed on through generations. The garlic, green onions, cumin and cilantro simmer with the potatoes and chicken to create a tasty recipe that is nourishing to both the soul and body.
How to Make Colombian Style Chicken Broth
- 1. Into a large pot, place the chicken, garlic, cumin, garlic powder, water or broth, green onions, and half of the cilantro.
- 2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- 3. Add potatoes and a chicken bouillon cube. Season with salt and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- 4. Remove cilantro and green onions from the pot. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve warm.
Serve with arepas – To make arepas, use a pre-cooked white cornmeal and follow the packet instructions.