Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 head cabbage (purple, green or napa), thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of edamame
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped, including the stems
- Sesame seeds to taste
- 2 Tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp of rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp of garlic, minced
This fresh, colorful salad is easy to toss together and makes a great side dish. It is full of textures and flavors from the crisp vegetables, fragrant herbs, and zesty sesame ginger dressing. Feel free to personalize this dish with other proteins or veggies, such as tofu, cucumbers, radishes, or bell peppers. Enjoy!
How to Make Asian Style Slaw with Sesame Ginger Dressing
- In a large bowl, add the cabbage, carrots, green onions, edamame, and cilantro. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl add the soy sauce, oils, vinegar, sugar, ginger, and garlic and whisk together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Cover and let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, until cabbage softens.