Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 cups of cooked brown rice
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2-3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups leftover cooked veggies (suggestions: carrots, broccoli, squash, cauliflower)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cups leftover cooked meat
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Get inspired to recreate your rice dishes with this nutty flavored whole grain. The combination or flavors in this brown rice dish will fill your kitchen with savory aromas.
How to Make Fried Brown Rice Scramble
To cook brown rice:
- Place 1 cup of rice in a large strainer or colander and rinse thoroughly under cool water.
- In a pot, bring the rice, 1 1/2 cups of water and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to a boil.
- Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
If you have uncooked meat or veggies:
- Heat 1 tbsp of canola oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add meat and cook until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add vegetables to the pan, season with salt and pepper and toss until the vegetables are cooked through. Transfer them to the bowl with the cooked meat.
- Heat another tbsp of oil in the pan and add cooked rice to the pan, spreading it so it covers the bottom. If using leftover rice, add 2 tbsp of water. Cook for 5 minutes until rice is heated through.
- Using a spatula, create a well in the center of rice and add beaten eggs. Stir quickly until eggs are almost set. Add cooked meats and vegetables and toss until well combined. Add soy sauce, and serve with thinly sliced green onions, and a little drizzle of toasted sesame oil (if you have it).