Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 medium zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
Summer squash never tasted better than with this flavorful recipe that uses the tangy flavor of garlic, the sourness of lemon and the sweetness of the pepper to create a perfect blend.
How to Make Summer Squash Sauté
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add summer squash and cook about 10 minutes or until squash is lightly browned. Add lemon peel and red pepper (if using), and cook for 1 minute more.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.