Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Stir fry sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable broth or water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
Tofu and vegetables
- 2 tbsp oil
- 12 oz firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2 (12 oz) bags fresh stir fry vegetables (carrots, broccoli and snow peas)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (for serving)
Transform your tofu with this flavorful stir fry sauce using just three simple ingredients. The garlic and ginger in this Asian-inspired dish make the vegetables and brown rice fragrant and delicious. Protein-packed and filling, you won’t even miss the white rice.
How to Make Tofu Stir Fry
- Mix sauce ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. In a bowl, toss tofu with cornstarch until evenly coated. When skillet is hot, add tofu in a single layer and cook until golden brown on all sides. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and stir fry until crisp and tender.
- Add the tofu back into the pan and stir with vegetables.
- Stir sauce and pour into the pan; stir fry until the sauce is thickened and coats the tofu and vegetables, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and serve with rice.