Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 beet (raw or cooked), washed and chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 inch peeled ginger (or 1/4 tsp of dried ginger)
- 1 cup of strawberries, fresh or frozen (optional)
- 1 to 2 cups of water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Ice as needed
It’s easy to see that the color from beets make it a top choice for a heart-healthy veggie. Combined with apples and strawberries for sweetness, beets create a vibrant, pink smoothie packed with nutrients for all to enjoy.
How to Make Vibrant Beet Smoothie
- In a blender add beet, apple, ginger, strawberries (if using), water, lemon juice and ice, if desired.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately; alternatively, store in freezer and thaw up to one hour before drinking
Alternate serving suggestion:
Pour smoothie into popsicle molds and freeze for a delicious frozen treat.