Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 pounds of apples, peeled, cored and chopped (Approximately 6 medium apples)
- 1 Tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp of cloves
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of water
This apple butter will fill your home with fall aromas from fresh warm apples, cinnamon and ginger. Spread it on toast or spoon over oatmeal or yogurt. You will love how easy this recipe is to make at home.
How to Make Stovetop Apple Butter
- Place pot on the stovetop over high heat. Add the apples, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, lemon juice, and water to a large pot.
- Stir evenly to distribute the spices.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer, cover and cook on medium heat for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Use a wooden spoon or potato masher to mash the apples.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Puree the apple butter using a high-powered blender, or food processor.
- When cool, pour the apple butter into jars and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Freeze for up to a month.