زمان آماده سازی: 20 دقیقه
زمان پخت: 15 دقیقه
زمان کل: 35 دقیقه
سیر معطر بادمجان سرخ کنید
- 5 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lb eggplant, cut into ½-inch thick sticks
- 2 Tbsps cornstarch
- 3 Tbsps cooking oil, more if needed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chinkiang vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing wine or dry sherry, optional
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
Inspired by a classic yuxiang eggplant dish, this recipe is a delicious combination of hot, sour, sweet, and savory flavors all in one bite! The eggplant is stir-fried until tender and tossed in a fragrant quick sauce that can be shared family-style as a side dish or served over rice as a meal. Feel free to make this dish with any type of eggplant you have on hand.
How to Make Fragrant Garlic Eggplant Stir-fry
- 1. Combine water and salt in a large bowl and stir until salt is dissolved.
- 2. Add eggplant into the bowl and use a plate or lid to keep the slices submerged in water. Soak for 15 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- 3. Meanwhile, make the sauce: combine sauce ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- 4. Sprinkle dried eggplant with cornstarch and toss to evenly coat slices.
- 5. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add cooking oil and place eggplant slices in a single layer. Cook each side for 4-5 minutes, or until browned and softened. Set aside. This may need to be done in 2 batches depending on pan size.
- 6. Into the empty pan over medium heat, add green onions, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 7. Give the sauce a good stir, then add to the pan and cook until it thickens.
- 8. Add eggplant back to the pan and toss to coat with sauce. Take off heat and serve over rice with green onions and sesame seed garnishes, if desired.