Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Drizzle of cooking oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 5 oz cheese of your choice
- 4 (10-inch) tortillas
- Hot sauce or salsa for topping
The combination of hearty sweet potatoes and black beans on a cheesy tortilla will have you wanting seconds. Top with avocado or salsa and you have a complete nutritious meal.
How to Make Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadilla
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle sweet potato with salt and pepper and sautee it until thoroughly cooked and caramelized. While the potatoes are cooking, mash the black beans, incorporating some of the water from the can, into a chunky puree, mimicking refried beans.
- Once potatoes are ready, spread the black beans on the bottom half of all four tortillas. Top with sweet potatoes and cheese. Fold over and press together.
- Place the quesadillas on the pan and heat until crispy and cheese is melted. Once cooked, cut on a cutting board, add the avocado slices on top and serve with hot sauce or salsa.